Topic: Top Heavyweights - 265 lbs.

Stipe Miocic -- time to drop?

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

MMARanks
MMARanks
  • Predictions:  582  |  60.5%
  • Forum Posts:  196
  • Post Score: 135

04.25.2022 | 7:25 PM ET

Is it time to let Stipe slide down the rankings?  It's been over 4 years since getting a win over someone currently relevant.

We all know the Cormier wins were good at the time.  Are they still enough to hold such a lofty spot on a rankings list dated April 2022?

What say you?  :)

* Edited at 04.25.2022, 7:39 PM ET *

"Facts > Feelings"

Responses Page 4

MMARanks
MMARanks

07.17.2022 | 5:15 PM ET

The beauty of it is... you can use whatever criteria you want.  There are no rules.

To me, making a list of who would beat who is more of an odds-maker type of thing.  Like you could essentially just watch the pre-fight odds and make your list that way.  The problem is, what if the underdog wins?  

Then you're going to be tempted to put the dog ahead of the favourite...  but if you do that, then you're not ranking based on who would beat who anymore... you're ranking based on who DID beat who, so I'm not sure how the who would beat who style can ever work consistently. 

Ah well, have fun with it.  :) 

"Facts > Feelings"

jonasbonus
jonasbonus
  • Predictions:  431  |  58.5%
  • Forum Posts:  1
  • Post Score: -100

09.03.2022 | 12:21 PM ET

bruh

while stipe is past his prime he's still the most dominant champion in the divisions history. he was just champion, losing the belt is not grounds for getting cut. he's 1-1 with the mf champ, its just ignorant to put him any lower than top 5.

"These hands bisexual." - M. Perry

MMARanks
MMARanks

09.05.2022 | 6:54 PM ET

The question is time.  Stipe hasn't won a fight in over 2 years.  

I was more interested in peoples' thoughts on how long is too long to consider accomplishments as currently relevant.

"Facts > Feelings"

Michael315Scarn
Michael315Scarn

09.05.2022 | 7:54 PM ET

I would say two years. In that amount of time, I think that there is enough turnover where there are new challengers that need to be considered. If you look back to September 2020, there are 7 new champions now in the UFC. 

I have Stipe at 3 still because when he comes back he is most certainly facing someone at the top. Even though he hasn't fought in awhile, his last fights were for the UFC Championship and those don't happen as often. However if Stipe doesn't fight before the end of the year, which will be around 2 years, I will consider moving Stipe off the rankings.
DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,618
  • Post Score: 262

09.05.2022 | 11:50 PM ET

I think the problem is he's way over exergrating how far Stipe should drop, Stipe is most likely out of his prime, But he shouldn't drop too far, He's still way better then anyone out of the top 10 of heavyweight

Also, Having a nonsense ranking staring at your face doesn't help the matter either, It's just ruin you credibility on talking on the matter 

"Quack quack quack"

MMARanks
MMARanks

09.06.2022 | 12:33 AM ET

@ guy with Hunsucker at #3 laying down some irony...

I was looking for an adult conversation, so it's probably best if I just ignore you at this point.

"Facts > Feelings"

CheckLeftHook
CheckLeftHook
  • Predictions:  2,439  |  56.6%
  • Forum Posts:  6,028
  • Post Score: 172

09.06.2022 | 12:35 AM ET

if the Jones vs Stipe fight isn't being made then I think we need Blaydes vs Stipe to keep the division moving. I honestly do not understand what the hold up has been between getting Jones or Stipe a fight booked...It's times like this that I wish there was a bit more transparency in the sport, or if not that at least a bit more snitching lol

"Through the Gates of Hell"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,618
  • Post Score: 262

09.06.2022 | 1:24 AM ET

But it true though, Your rankings don't make any sense, It just ruin credibility with what you talking about when the UFC champion isn't in you top 10 of the division, UFC champion doesn't neccasarly mean your the best, But it onjectivly wrong to say 10 fighters are better then Francis, espaccly when he beat you number 1 guy. I'm not trying to be a ********, But it true, You ranking are weird

Also Derrick Lewis got KO'd in 3 of his last 4 fight, And is coming off a KO in less then a minute by the guy you ranked 63.  Why is he 4, That doesn't make sense

* Edited at 09.06.2022, 1:34 AM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

MMARanks
MMARanks

09.06.2022 | 11:38 AM ET

"Facts > Feelings"

Page 4

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : June P4P Top 10: Who’s the top dog between Inoue, Crawford, and Usyk?
  • Jits Magazine : Bo Nickal Eager For Craig Jones Invitational: ‘Get Me In There’
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results, 2 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Lucas ‘Hulk’ Barbosa Enters Under 80kg Division At Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilder vs. Zhang Results: Live updates of the boxing 5v5 undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Stickland Unloads On Keyboard Warrior Belal
  • MMA Junkie : Logan Paul offers to replace Mike Tyson to fight brother Jake Paul
  • MMA Mania : New And Improved!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video and photo gallery
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland explains why he turned down Nick Diaz to fight at UFC 302 instead
  • MMA Mania : Video! ‘Diamond’ Mobbed By Fans On Lafayette Street
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – June 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul reacts to Mike Tyson boxing fight postponement: 'I'm heartbroken'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 preview show: Will Dustin Poirier actually finish his story against Islam Makhachev?
  • Middle Easy : Nick Diaz’s UFC Return At 41 Labeled ‘Much More Dangerous’, Given Chance vs. Gunshy Contender
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Gambling Preview: Can Dustin Poirier pull off the upset against Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Vs. Paul Postponed
  • MMA Junkie : Video: WWE champion Cody Rhodes cuts promo for Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302: 'Finish your story'