Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Araujo

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,693
  • Post Score: 46

06.30.2022 | 3:22 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
Bout   Info
Alexa Grasso   defeats   Viviane Araujo   via Decision, Unanimous   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jonathan Martinez   defeats   Cub Swanson   via KO/TKO, Leg Kicks   4:19 Round 2 of 3, 9:19 Total Bout Page
Duško Todorović   defeats   Jordan Wright   via KO/TKO, Ground and Pound   3:12 Round 2 of 3, 8:12 Total Bout Page
Raphael Assunção   defeats   Victor Henry   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Alonzo Menifield   defeats   Misha Cirkunov   via KO/TKO, Hooks   1:28 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Mana Martinez   defeats   Brandon Davis   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Jacob Malkoun   defeats   Nick Maximov   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Joanderson Brito   defeats   Lucas Alexander   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   2:02 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Piera Rodriguez   defeats   Sam Hughes   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Tatsuro Taira   defeats   CJ Vergara   via Submission, Armbar   4:19 Round 2 of 3, 9:19 Total Bout Page
Pete Rodriguez   defeats   Mike Jackson   via KO/TKO, Knee   1:33 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page

Responses Page 27

FallenAngel
FallenAngel
  • Predictions:  5,870  |  70.9%
  • Forum Posts:  286
  • Post Score: 127

10.13.2022 | 11:21 AM ET

UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Araujo | Full Card Fight Picks in 3 Minutes (UFC Vegas 62)

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 490 Points   |   Tied for 2476th

"Every second is a gift"

OddSmokerSteve
OddSmokerSteve
  • Predictions:  795  |  64.5%
  • Forum Posts:  139
  • Post Score: -103

10.13.2022 | 11:32 AM ET

UFC Vegas 62 - Full Picks, Predictions, Early Bets, and More

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 510 Points   |   Tied for 2311th

#UFCVegas62 Grasso vs Araujo: Full Picks, Predictions, Early Bets & More: https://oddsmokermma.com/2022/10/13/ufc-vegas-62-full-picks-predictions-early-bets-more/

"Check us out for free MMA Picks, Predictions, Analysis, Bets & More"

HiDefff
HiDefff

10.13.2022 | 11:39 AM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 7 Perfect, 765 Points   |   Tied for 34th with 6 others

Anyone else notice that Jordan Wright and Kathryn Paprocki have the exact same face? 
ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

10.13.2022 | 11:57 AM ET

pop culture with prison mike

mike has another suggestion
cub's rep should've gone CRAZY
when media started asking questions
that's okay, that trick was still entertaining
its fair game to mix in "weird" humor
otherwise the public's interest starts waning
gliese58i
gliese58i
  • Predictions:  1,436  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  10,777
  • Post Score: 128

10.13.2022 | 12:31 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 565 Points   |   Tied for 1705th

Time to watch 13x15 minutes back to back of Araujo and Grasso. I've cleared my schedule, taken the day off from work, written my will, kissed my family goodbye just in case, here we go.

"She’ll go there and smash her. She’ll get a title shot, become a UFC champion. We have a Ronda Rousey on steroids. This is what we have.” - Ali Abdelaziz on Kayla Harrison

el222
el222
  • Predictions:  1,433  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  2,684
  • Post Score: 166

10.13.2022 | 1:49 PM ET

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 7 Perfect, 790 Points   |   Tied for 12th with 2 others

good luck soldier 
SM270
SM270
  • Predictions:  356  |  61.8%
  • Forum Posts:  2
  • Post Score: -50

10.13.2022 | 1:51 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 6 of 10 Winners, 1 Perfect, 350 Points   |   Tied for 3231st

Martinez vs. Swanson
Cub Swanson, TKO
Fdgtd

ImPrisonMike666
ImPrisonMike666
  • Predictions:  3  |  100.0%
  • Forum Posts:  515
  • Post Score: -15

10.13.2022 | 2:22 PM ET

your new jester has put on his jersey

first i'll pray the MMA gods have mercy
calm down coach, there's no need to fight 

but this troll is back for more tastes of real life
online words are words - should it matter if they're nice?
maybe i'm just communicating with China in disguise
the coworker controlling bots tried calling me piggy
even tho im 6'1 with a big D
and showed his parrots how to get jiggy
you've all been lucky to witness why they put Mike behind bars
bring out the stretcher and maybe
our next star can get "tinkerbell" tattoo'd on his arm

Hewittknewit
Hewittknewit
  • Predictions:  52  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 10

10.13.2022 | 3:28 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1914th

I think the easiest money on this card is the Taira fight by submission, +350 0dds on draft kings.

Also rah, I was curious about that parlay you posted about so I entered it in, it's only plus 500 for a 7 leg. Are you getting way better on your sports book? Doesn't seem worth it on draft kings aha
JReynolds47
JReynolds47
  • Predictions:  13,241  |  72.5%
  • Forum Posts:  7,542
  • Post Score: 13

10.13.2022 | 3:51 PM ET

mike

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 1982nd

drugs?

"Jarno Errens, Damir Hadzovic"

27inchzenith
27inchzenith
  • Predictions:  388  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: -14

10.13.2022 | 3:59 PM ET

here's Vivi so you dont have to watch

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2990th

Araujo, Viviane "Vivi"

#8 FFlW 10-3, 4-2 UFC

Fierce striker who uses good footwork to circle and go in and out.  Piercing jab from her hip and uses fakes well. Top end speed for class but fades. Does take shots when entering. Fast starter that slows midway into rounds. Damages opponents face and ends fights looking clean.

Former Pancrace strawweight champ

(2019) short notice Debut (bantamweight) vs #15 Bernardo (missed weight) at +240 used speed and successful counters. Easily a class ahead of opponent. Late in 2nd started getting hit a bit. Round 3 big overhand right ko win.

(2019) Flyweight debut vs #7 Alexis Davis at -185 outstruck opponent throughout first in and out of range. Movement slowed at end of first and continued into the 2nd. Likely lost 2nd round off her back. Came out hard in round 3 and stuffed takedown. Did significant damage to opponents face for 1st minute. Slowed again but did enough 29-28 Dec win. SF6 with good English post

(2019) #5 vs #2 eye (missed weight) at -190 good scoring and takedown in round 1. Opponent turned it up round 2 but she pulled a nice takedown. Gilbert burns in her corner. Still springy in 3rd round but eye was pulling away in a competitive fight 29-28 loss. Eye was coming off a bad title loss and was being counted out. Seems like opponent took advantage of her slowing down.

(2020) #8 vs #11 de la rosa at -200 after a close RD 1 found her footing and started to pull away with striking in 30-27 win.  Seemed to have a tough weight cut and was moving noticably slower than in the past. Didn't do normal fast-slow tendency due to aforementioned. Limped out of octagon in job well done but SF 5.5 (+$)

(2021) vs Roxy as fav.  All previous characteristics on display in Dec win where opponent had slight moments but never was a real threat.  Opened eyes to her cardio issues. The time is now to fix that.

(2021) vs #2 chookagian as dog. Full cage, in bout she should have shown in, was mostly nullified by opponents range and style. Seemed flat throughout and didn't get much going.

(2022) #8 vs #9 kgb lee - rough start saw her dropped in early feeling out and taking a head kick during springing up to go back down, then muscled down to her back as opponent kinda froze at that point and Vivi worked up into leading a fence press into a huge scoop and slam as opp is busted open .  now they are up and Vivi looks fully recovered as she’s walking fwd trading with opp - she ate a lot of strikes and head movement was not on the agenda here before she landed a rush TD to rack up control time without much of any effective ground n pound until horn . R2 she’s countered opponents wrestling attempts early into taking the back and worked to a side choke tho she couldn’t cinch it in and she led in position for the rest of round , skipping over any full mount gnp and trying the choke again . R3 the brief striking between them who had both slowed were ended by Vivi landing a couple key takedowns to control the round. Opp fought back late until horn and they were both spent . 29-28/27 dec win SF 6.2

the SF is show factor , a measuring unit i have developed that shows and projects momentum/effort

* Edited at 10.13.2022, 4:10 PM ET *

27inchzenith
27inchzenith
  • Predictions:  388  |  55.2%
  • Forum Posts:  28
  • Post Score: -14

10.13.2022 | 4:12 PM ET

just watch nothing then. watch no film

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 0 Perfect, 400 Points   |   Tied for 2990th

Grasso, Alexa

FFlW 13-3, 4-3 UFC (1 FOTN)

Tough in and out boxer with speed. Has grittiness to her that is hidden under sweet childlike demeanor.  Has the grit to finish strong or pull back from being behind. Good fit at strawweight where she was top 10 but is a game fighter at flyweight. Has been out sized/outgrappled at strawweight so there is concern facing grapplers at flyweight.  Is skilled and fiesty/active in grappling but gets outsized.  Volume striker that can do damage, Majority of fights end in decision.

Instagram meter: 335k, 378k, 467k

(2017) strawweight hometown missed weight vs #9 markos at -165.  Close fight where grasso had success boxing early but was taken down a few times.  Opponent looked noticably better than she does in current day.  goo5d scrambles and did damage with brief top position. Had most success on feet in final 30 seconds of fight and stuffed last ditch takedown to barely win a split decision.

(2018) strawweight #9 vs #12 suarez at +450.  Opponent uses size advantage to rush in and start grappling right away.  Grasso is fighting back hard to not get controlled but opponent is getting the better of her. Opponent takes full control and ends up taking back in a scramble. Hooks in gets rear naked under the chin. Grasso stays in it for an impressively long time looking to withstand but can't, had to tap.

Pulls out of next 2 fights via injury and adds new strength and conditioning coach. 

(2019) strawweight #13 Vs #15 karolina as slight dog, very active standing affair where she clearly won all 3 with in/out movement and circling. SF7

(2019) strawweight #9 hometown Vs #8 esparza at -140. took it to Carla as good as anyone has. Finally started stuffing takedown and lighting up opponent to win 3rd round but wasn't enough as she'd lost the first 2. Dec L FOTN

Moved to to Flyweight after weight cutting issues. 5.5 lbs over her on 2nd career miss, her fight was not allowed to take place. Would have been Biggest fight of her career on McGregor/Cowboy ppv vs gaudella. Not understanding weight issues as she wasn't a big strawweight.  Odd. 

(2020) Flyweight debut vs Kim at -300. typical solid in and out performance threw hard shots and grappled opponent who was holding back to win 30-27. Was moving well and landing combos on opponent known for fast, hard strikes. Excellent feet kept her mostly clean despite being at 6 inch reach and 2 inch height disadvantage. Kept her hands up to protect face well. Talks of "maybe she will go back to strawweight maybe she won't" by commentary.  Looked more muscular but will be at size disadvantage vs every flyweight. Did well in standing grapple, avoiding takedown and reversing fence press.   SF 6.1 needs to continue to add muscle.

(2021) vs returning from injury/layoff Barber as slight dog Dec w coasted round 3 to give opponent best round in safe 29-28 win SF 6.3  (+$)

(2022) #9 vs #7 wood - grasso has fired off early and the pressure has opponent down on her back as grasso did some light work on top for a bit and disengaged up to her feet .  opp actually had some striking success that grasso took right to the forehead but a scramble has grasso taking the back and from there she mowed opp down with the rnc finish SF 6.4

if u wanna see other fights recapped, check my profile folks , or keep an eye out

* Edited at 10.13.2022, 4:20 PM ET *

shaqalicious023
shaqalicious023
  • Predictions:  494  |  65.6%
  • Forum Posts:  124
  • Post Score: 76

10.13.2022 | 5:12 PM ET

Analysis and predictions video for Balkan fans

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 5 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 1124th

Rah123
Rah123
  • Predictions:  1,305  |  66.2%
  • Forum Posts:  6,781
  • Post Score: -54

10.13.2022 | 6:04 PM ET

HewittKnewitt

Predictions: 8 of 10 Winners, 6 Perfect, 650 Points   |   Tied for 744th

Finally someone asks me something. Like the name btw.

I agree, that was a weak throwaway parlay. And tbh rethinking Mana Martinez after watching tape.

Here's a better parlay (I'm chucking $100 on this)

Taira by submission (or inside the distance)
Henry
Britto
Dusko
Maximov/Jacoby over 1.5
P. Rodrigues
Royval (Hedging this leg with Askarov or Askarov by decision)

"Positivity is a positive"

Hewittknewit
Hewittknewit
  • Predictions:  52  |  65.4%
  • Forum Posts:  42
  • Post Score: 10

10.13.2022 | 6:17 PM ET

Predictions: 7 of 8 Winners, 5 Perfect, 550 Points   |   Tied for 1914th

That's a much better one! Thanks my guy, you always keep these forums entertaining I love it.
Rah123
Rah123

10.13.2022 | 6:58 PM ET

HewittKnewitt

Lol thank you. I try.

Btw question for you and all big brains in here (Not L-Andrew). I really like Grasso but I'm worried about the size difference against Vivi. Do you think it plays much here?

BoneDoinWork
BoneDoinWork
  • Predictions:  1,830  |  58.7%
  • Forum Posts:  190
  • Post Score: 43

10.13.2022 | 7:22 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 4 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 250 Points   |   Tied for 3447th

Maximov vs. Malkoun
Nick Maximov, DEC
Source dissagrees .

Rodriguez vs. Hughes
Piera Rodriguez, DEC
SA.

Jackson vs. Rodriguez
Pete Rodriguez, TKO, R1
🔒 SA

Franchise37
Franchise37
  • Predictions:  5,800  |  61.2%
  • Forum Posts:  3
  • Post Score: 133

10.13.2022 | 7:40 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 615 Points   |   Tied for 1124th

Vergara vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R2
i’m

"More right than wrong"

mutzmutsmutz
mutzmutsmutz
  • Predictions:  1,687  |  64.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33
  • Post Score: 118

10.13.2022 | 7:57 PM ET

Prediction Comments

Predictions: 10 of 11 Winners, 5 Perfect, 690 Points   |   Tied for 317th

Grasso vs. Araujo
Alexa Grasso, DEC
No clue why Grasso is such a favorite here, Araujo is not a very good stylistic match up for her. She has great takedowns which could cause Grasso problems, and a hell of a right hand which could floor anybody at 125. Araujo leave herself open after every strike she throws however, and the head movement is non existent, which Grasso will take advantage of with her slick combos. This fight comes down to how much Grasso has been working on her td, since Araujo most likely has the ability to hold her down for 5 rounds. I see Grasso winning a decision here, I believe her td has progressed to a good level, and her combos will overwhelm Araujo.

Martinez vs. Swanson
Jonathan Martinez, DEC
Same thing as the Askarov fight tbh. Martinez is extremely skilled, but just has no finishing instinct. And if Cub's striking still looks as good as it did against Elkins (and he's not drained from the cut) it could lead to Martinez getting finished late. I do think that Martinez's leg kicks and jab will be too much for Cub at this stage of his career though, but I hope he can prove me wrong.

Askarov vs. Royval
Brandon Royval, SUB, R3
Askarov is an incredibly skillful fighter, who doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses. You should watch his fight vs Benavidez to see just how well he does everything in a technical sense. My main concern with him though is his lack of finishing ability (much similar to Jonathan Martinez). Royval creates huge offensive opportunities for himself in each of his fights, and while he leaves himself open to counters in the process, it does present a major risk for each of his opponents. The longer this fight drags on the higher the chance Royval has at finding the finish. This is another coinflip imo, and a great stylistic matchup (it should be the main event).

Todorović vs. Wright
Jordan Wright, TKO, R1
Dusko should be the favorite here due to his more well rounded skillset and grappling prowess, but with his bad chin and zero head movement, plus the explosiveness of Wright, I see a good chance of him getting finished early. This is a 50/50 in my book, and I'm sure it'll end in the first round, no matter who wins.

Cirkunov vs. Menifield
Alonzo Menifield, TKO, R2
Menifield is strong as hell, and I don't think Cirkunov's throws in the clinch are going to work on him that well. Misha has declined a lot in the past few years, look for Menifield to put him out to pasture with his superior power in R2

Martinez vs. Davis
Mana Martinez, TKO, R1
Davis got no chin.

Assunção vs. Henry
Victor Henry, TKO, R2
Henry is going to melt Assunção with pressure. Assunção has been washed for years now and I'm afraid this going to take a heavy toll on the long term health of his brain. Henry by KO R2, hopefully earlier.

Maximov vs. Malkoun
Jacob Malkoun, DEC
Lovely, a sloppy striking match between two grapplers who will cancel each other out. Maximov's takedowns are pretty bad, and while Malkoun's are better, I'm don't think he'll have much success with them. Haven't seen much of Malkoun's striking, but I'm assuming it's better than Maximov due to the guys he trains with.

Brito vs. Alexander
Joanderson Brito, SUB, R1
I know nothing about Alexander, but Brito is crazy explosive so I'm going with him.

Rodriguez vs. Hughes
Piera Rodriguez, DEC
Not much to say here other than the fact that Sam Hughes is painfully mediocre

Vergara vs. Taira
Tatsuro Taira, SUB, R2
Vergara is a extremely grindy, pressure fighter who I'm sure can give many people problems, we saw that in his last fight where he overwhelmed Kleydson Rodrigues. I think the submission and grappling threat from Taira will hinder Vergara's constant forward pressure, Taira has slick counters as well so Vergara will be forced to be tentative in his stand up. Taira wins but I'm not sure how.

Jackson vs. Rodriguez
Pete Rodriguez, TKO, R2
Jackson is horrendous, but his defense is a bit odd and I can see giving Rodriguez problems for a little bit, especially with the large height differential. Pete will eventually land though, and will crack Jackson's subpar chin and put him down. Not much in the way of offense for Jackson, nothing he throws really has much thought or power put behind it.

"WANNANOW "

Rah123
Rah123

10.13.2022 | 9:14 PM ET

Mutzymutzy

Stupid dum*** name.

But I like your breakdowns 👍

Page 27

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : June P4P Top 10: Who’s the top dog between Inoue, Crawford, and Usyk?
  • Jits Magazine : Bo Nickal Eager For Craig Jones Invitational: ‘Get Me In There’
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results, 2 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Lucas ‘Hulk’ Barbosa Enters Under 80kg Division At Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilder vs. Zhang Results: Live updates of the boxing 5v5 undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Stickland Unloads On Keyboard Warrior Belal
  • MMA Junkie : Logan Paul offers to replace Mike Tyson to fight brother Jake Paul
  • MMA Mania : New And Improved!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video and photo gallery
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland explains why he turned down Nick Diaz to fight at UFC 302 instead
  • MMA Mania : Video! ‘Diamond’ Mobbed By Fans On Lafayette Street
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – June 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul reacts to Mike Tyson boxing fight postponement: 'I'm heartbroken'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 preview show: Will Dustin Poirier actually finish his story against Islam Makhachev?
  • Middle Easy : Nick Diaz’s UFC Return At 41 Labeled ‘Much More Dangerous’, Given Chance vs. Gunshy Contender
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Gambling Preview: Can Dustin Poirier pull off the upset against Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Vs. Paul Postponed
  • MMA Junkie : Video: WWE champion Cody Rhodes cuts promo for Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302: 'Finish your story'