Topic: UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2

Anonymous Mode

You are not logged in to Tapology. When browsing anonymously, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

Tapology
Tapology
  • Predictions:  0  |  0.0%
  • Forum Posts:  33,693
  • Post Score: 46

06.01.2023 | 10:13 PM ET

The official Tapology discussion thread for the event!
UFC Fight Night
  • Saturday 09.16.2023 at 07:00 PM ET
  • U.S. Broadcast: ESPN+
  • Name: UFC Fight Night: Grasso vs. Shevchenko 2
  • Also Known As: Noche UFC
  • Promotion: Ultimate Fighting Championship
  • Ownership: Endeavor
  • Venue: T-Mobile Arena
  • Enclosure: Octagon
  • TV Announcers: Jon Anik, Dominick Cruz, Daniel Cormier, Brandon Moreno
  • Ring Announcer: Bruce Buffer
  • Post-Fight Interviews: Daniel Cormier
  • Ticket Revenue (live gate): $2,265,537
  • Attendance: 18,766
  • MMA Bouts: 11
  • Promotion Links:
  • Event Links:
Bout   Info
Alexa Grasso   vs.   Valentina Shevchenko   Ends in a Draw, Split   5 Rounds, 25:00 Total Bout Page
Jack Della Maddalena   defeats   Kevin Holland   via Decision, Split   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Raul Rosas Jr.   defeats   Terrence Mitchell   via KO/TKO, Punches From Mount   0:54 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Daniel Zellhuber   defeats   Christos Giagos   via Submission, Anaconda Choke   3:26 Round 2 of 3, 8:26 Total Bout Page
Kyle Nelson   defeats   Fernando Padilla   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Lupita Godinez   defeats   Elise Reed   via Submission, Rear Naked Choke   3:38 Round 2 of 3, 8:38 Total Bout Page
Roman Kopylov   defeats   Josh Fremd   via KO/TKO, Liver Punch   4:44 Round 2 of 3, 9:44 Total Bout Page
Edgar Cháirez   vs.   Daniel Lacerda   Ends in a No Contest, Premature Stoppage   3:47 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Tracy Cortez   defeats   Jasmine Jasudavicius   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page
Charlie Campbell   defeats   Alex Reyes   via KO/TKO, Left Hook and Right Straight   3:38 Round 1 of 3 Bout Page
Josefine Knutsson   defeats   Marnic Mann   via Decision, Unanimous   3 Rounds, 15:00 Total Bout Page

Responses Page 90

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,618
  • Post Score: 262

09.18.2023 | 1:43 AM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 567th

Michael Bell should be investigated for his **** judging, Michael Bellend scoring the fight for Holland and the main event a draw is horrible. JDM won round 1 and 3 and round 2 could of went either way , and ironically the main event was such a close fight, it couldn’t be a draw because they're practily no 10-10 rounds

"Quack quack quack"

Byakuya Kuchiki
Byakuya Kuchiki
  • Predictions:  1,217  |  65.0%
  • Forum Posts:  242
  • Post Score: 160

09.18.2023 | 2:38 AM ET

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 425 Points   |   Tied for 2961st

Overall it was a fun card depending on how you felt with the main event decision.

I definitely think the UFC should do more themed events and add more unique branding unsure if anyone else enjoyed the change in presentation but I found it a breath of fresh air.
Most Mexican fighters won however I definitely think Raul Rosas Jr.   had the best win for the "home" crowd as they went crazy for his stoppage.

Comain and main might have not been delivered depending on your personal view.

One fighter that I wish more to watch is Roman Kopylov the man was a former champ in his previous promotion but then started by going 0-2 in the UFC. Since then he won his last four all-by finishes and overall he has only gone to a decision once and that was his first bout ever. It's definitely an exciting middleweight to keep an eye on. 

"Confident to go in and not necessarily prove people wrong but to prove my support correct"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,374  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,173
  • Post Score: 135

09.18.2023 | 6:45 AM ET

I had way too much invested on Fernando Padilla

Predictions: 6 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 415 Points   |   Tied for 3125th

Close fight... wow... I got my ass killed on that card for trusting Padilla to get it done.  Close fight.  I have to give it up to Kyle Nelson for being as tough as he was.  I was wrong about how that fight would play out big time.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

theproishiphop
theproishiphop
  • Predictions:  3,374  |  67.9%
  • Forum Posts:  1,173
  • Post Score: 135

09.18.2023 | 6:47 AM ET

@DamienHandel420 

I'm very please the broadcast was able to and at least had the boldness to post the cards.  Judges deserved to be called out.

"Sir, ARE you ready? Sir, ARE you ready? FIGHT!!!"

DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss
  • Predictions:  454  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  364
  • Post Score: 55

09.18.2023 | 3:32 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 4229th

I picked Val, 3rd round sub, picked and bet on Alexa last time. Bet on her again this time but by sub or tko at 4.2. I also had her in a parley I forgot about. Yeah I dunno. 10-8 no way, but I don't hate the draw. Holland vs Della Maddalena was more of a draw, imo. I'm interested to see who bucks up on the former champ next, I always thought it would be her and Rose for the belt, guess not. Also after that interview Rose did...like damn, I am very interested to see where she takes this character she has created. Rose the best tho, bias. Very cool slick sub by Zellhuber too, anybody have their nuts on that table?
DaWarBoss
DaWarBoss
  • Predictions:  454  |  63.9%
  • Forum Posts:  364
  • Post Score: 55

09.18.2023 | 3:47 PM ET

Predictions: 5 of 11 Winners, 2 Perfect, 330 Points   |   Tied for 4229th

@theproishiphop 
I am done fading Kyle also, should have learned last time, his water cat eyes just cloud my judgment.
Joshjeffords
Joshjeffords
  • Predictions:  4,418  |  64.7%
  • Forum Posts:  6,494
  • Post Score: 134

09.18.2023 | 4:07 PM ET

I drank two bottles of Tequila to settle my bets think I came out ahead :>.

"“I took no damage,” Hill said. “Most of the fall was me falling down"

DamienHandel420
DamienHandel420
  • Predictions:  5,816  |  66.9%
  • Forum Posts:  7,618
  • Post Score: 262

09.18.2023 | 10:08 PM ET

Predictions: 8 of 11 Winners, 4 Perfect, 540 Points   |   Tied for 567th

It's good to hold judges accountable even tho it pointless because nothing will change from it, round robbery has been pretty bad as of late, and that what piss me off, the main event is the perfect example of it, even tho I had Grasso winning,  Val got robbed of a win because the rounds don't make sence

And honestly round 3 for Val was the most dominant round of the fight

* Edited at 09.18.2023, 10:10 PM ET *

"Quack quack quack"

Page 90

You must be signed in to reply. Sign in or register to join the discussion.

As an anonymous reader, profanities and images are automatically removed from the forum.

• Bad Left Hook : June P4P Top 10: Who’s the top dog between Inoue, Crawford, and Usyk?
  • Jits Magazine : Bo Nickal Eager For Craig Jones Invitational: ‘Get Me In There’
  • Bad Left Hook : 5v5 - Wilder vs Zhang: Live updates and results, 2 pm ET
  • Jits Magazine : Lucas ‘Hulk’ Barbosa Enters Under 80kg Division At Craig Jones Invitational
  • MMAFighting.com : Deontay Wilder vs. Zhilei Zhang: Live round-by-round updates
  • MMAFighting.com : Wilder vs. Zhang Results: Live updates of the boxing 5v5 undercard and main event
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Results: Makhachev vs. Poirier
  • MMA Mania : Midnight Mania! Stickland Unloads On Keyboard Warrior Belal
  • MMA Junkie : Logan Paul offers to replace Mike Tyson to fight brother Jake Paul
  • MMA Mania : New And Improved!
  • MMA Junkie : UFC 302 ceremonial weigh-in faceoff highlights video and photo gallery
  • MMAFighting.com : Kevin Holland explains why he turned down Nick Diaz to fight at UFC 302 instead
  • MMA Mania : Video! ‘Diamond’ Mobbed By Fans On Lafayette Street
  • Jits Magazine : BJJ Rankings Update – June 2024
  • MMA Junkie : Jake Paul reacts to Mike Tyson boxing fight postponement: 'I'm heartbroken'
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 preview show: Will Dustin Poirier actually finish his story against Islam Makhachev?
  • Middle Easy : Nick Diaz’s UFC Return At 41 Labeled ‘Much More Dangerous’, Given Chance vs. Gunshy Contender
  • MMAFighting.com : UFC 302 Gambling Preview: Can Dustin Poirier pull off the upset against Islam Makhachev?
  • MMA Mania : Tyson Vs. Paul Postponed
  • MMA Junkie : Video: WWE champion Cody Rhodes cuts promo for Dustin Poirier ahead of UFC 302: 'Finish your story'